Design by Tamsin Smith – Kitchen Studio Hastings
New owners of a classic home in a central location.
The prime requirement was to create an area that they could be proud to entertain in. Their cooking style is modern and incorporates simple dishes which require little prep – think smoothies, salads and organic choices. They enjoy good wine and hosting friends before walking to a local restaurant for dinner.
The existing kitchen/living needed to be opened up and a sense of light and space added to match the rest of the otherwise renovated home. Classic styling and subtle colouring required to allow for bold use of colour in other areas.
- Open plan living for entertaining
- Cabinetry – Classic styling with quality finish
- Benchtops – hardwearing easy clean
- Hardware – no gadgets wanted, just good quality runners and hinges
- Extraction – out of sight and hearing
- Pet station – for the two fur babies
- A wall knocked through to open up living /kitchen
- Breakfast bar seating and extension of kitchen into the living area for a sideboard/drinks cabinet for entertaining
- Arborform Thermal Russell was used for door and drawers to accentuate the classic styling of the house, use of a warm white allowed for colour to be added to the walls
- Infinity acrylic benches in a matching warm white to create a light, harmonious interior which would wear well and clean easily
- schweigen remote motor extraction
- Pet station – floating cabinet for pet food storage with space underneath for pet bowls