Kitchen Studio Design Award
– Kitchen of the Year
The kitchen is traditionally known as the “heart of the home” and this kitchen had to live up to this billing and do justice to the beautiful home for which it was designed.
The clients sought a classic contemporary style and the Ohope profile in grey was selected, to complement their overall house colour scheme and to bring this traditional shaker look into the modern era. The grey provided an element of chic to the kitchen and also provided a feeling of serenity and calm to the space.
With grey as the main colour, it was important to provide some statement pieces to give this kitchen the desired WOW factor. Brushed Brass handles and tapware were chosen as our hero pieces and these were supported by the Ply-Birch Décor-Oak on the floating shelves and wall cabinets to add more interest. The benchtop to ceiling subway tiling in an uneven glossy finish also adds to the “Shaker” feel and final touches in rattan and weave complete the look. The result is a sleek but homely traditional kitchen that captures the heart!
- Classic contemporary, modern kitchen
- Overall look to be light and calm
- Bench top in light stone
- Gas cooker requirement
- Splash back to be a feature and lift and brighten the grey colour scheme
- Practical kitchen style with lots of organised storage space
- Flooring to be warm and easy to maintain
- Colour scheme to be clean, light and sleek
- The additional of timber features to add warmth and interest
- Maximise the sea view
- Mondo 900 for ease of access and to get more organised storage spaces
- Increased the window size behind the sink to lighten the space
- Maximised the view by placing the seating space at the island facing the sea
- Light stone bench top and full wall tile splash back to add more light into the kitchen
- ‘Pale Slate’ Resene colour in a satin finish in Ohope style profile to bring a classic contemporary feel to the kitchen