Design by Sarah Makin – Kitchen Studio Christchurch
Modernising this high-end home, the client required the kitchen to be dramatic and sophisticated. Smooth flush surfaces and top-end materials were a must. The challenge however were the angles that are architecturally part of this home. The client’s hope was that a modern clean lined space could be achieved by working with the angles without emphasising them.
- Flush smooth surfaces
- Dramatic yet sophisticated
- Work with the angles without emphasising them
- Easy to access pantry
- Ideal for a big family and entertaining
- A Matt black material which is resistant to fingerprints was used along with a concrete look benchtop to create a dramatic and sophisticated feel
- A false panel at the end of the wall cabinets ensured we could create a smooth finish and detract from the angle, as the wall cabinets “disappear” into the wall
- Black handles and handleless wall cabinets add to the smooth feel and the kickboard is continued under the free standing oven
- Where the two angled walls (with windows) meet, the left underbench cabinet is capped off to create a straight line through to the kitchen between the island and the angled wall.
- Two space towers on either side of the fridge help to create balance and provide accessibly food storage, along with a pull out Hafele Jnr dispensa next to the oven.
- The sink is strategically off centre to allow majority of island bench to be used for sitting, serving and happy conversation